Join us for a 1 hour ONLINE LEARNING FOR KIDS workshop, where participants will learn how to make their own coiled cup out of clay, using a range of handbuilding techniques.
This workshop is suitable for beginners aged 8-13. A reliable internet connection is required.
Things you will need:
- Bag of clay– We suggest WEB or PS2000 Terracotta (Included on our kids clay kit)
- Needle tool- (you can also use a skewer)
- Sponge– included in the kids clay kit.
- Knife (a butter knife from the kitchen will do)
- Bucket of water.
- Cutting wire– Included in the kids clay kit.
- Modelling tool–(a paddle pop stick is a great substitute)
- Rubber Kidney–included in the kids clay kit.
- Plastic sheet or a plastic bag to wrap your work in.
You can work on a wooden board such as an old chopping board, or wooden table is ideal to work on. Avoid a sticky surface such as Laminex or glass as the clay will stick to this.
If you are worried about working on a nice surface, you can always lay down some canvas, calico or an old cotton sheet or table cloth.
Participants will be sent a link to the zoom meeting a day prior to the class.