Northcote Pottery Supplies would like to invite emerging ceramic artists to apply for a three month residency in our studio access space during 2021.
The selected artists will have free use of our studio access space during business hours Monday-Friday, a locker and storage space for their work during the 12 week period.
This is an opportunity for emerging ceramicists to carry out a specific project, produce a body of work or simply consolidate their practice within a shared studio environment.
Residency dates for 2021
- 15th March- Friday 4th June (12 weeks)
- 21st June- Friday 10th September (12 weeks)
- Monday 13th September – Friday 3rd December (12 weeks)
*Please note that the studio access space isn’t available on public holidays.
Aims of the residency program
- To support and encourage an emerging artist in their ceramics practice.
- To foster a community of ceramicists.
- The opportunity to work in an active ceramics centre, alongside other practicing artists and makers
- The opportunity to schedule 2 x 1 hour consultations with the NPS staff member of your choice. ie. Glaze Technician, Retail Manager
- Free use of the NPS studio access space Monday-Friday during business hours for the duration of your residency
- 10% retail discount on selected materials sold at Northcote Pottery Supplies and select clay at the one tonne rate
Studio Access features
- 11 Shimpo wheels
- Plaster batts
- Banding wheels
- Slab roller
- One secure locker and a dedicated storage space
- Newspaper, batts and plastic
- Wi Fi access
Responsibilities for the Artist
- A commitment to work regularly in the studio
- If the residency period falls on Open Day (late August) the resident must be available to work in the studio on the day
- In consultation with Northcote Pottery Supplies donate a piece of artwork to the Northcote Pottery Supplies collection at the conclusion of the residency period
- Clarity and planning of proposed project and outcomes
- Commitment to work regularly in the studio
- Quality images of work
- Overall professionalism of application
- Ability to work positively within a shared environment
- Deadline for applications is 11.59pm Sunday 10th January 2021.
- Shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview in mid- January
- Successful applicants will be notified by 22nd January 2021
- Our Studio Artist in residence program is for studio space only, we are unable to provide accommodation or after hours access
- We do not take applications from full time students
- We highly recommend you keep a copy of your answers from this form.
- Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered
For further information about the residency program please contact our Education Coordinator Elise Sheehan via email@example.com